Sunday, August 28, 2016

Text to Text: Winter

     I just read the book Winter by Marissa Meyer. This is a story about Princess Winter who is admired by the Lunar people for her grace, kindness, and beauty, which is said to be even more breathtaking than of her stepmother's, Queen Levana. Winter despises her stepmother, who does not approve of Winter's feelings for the palace guard, Jacin. While Levana thinks Winter is a stupid, weak girl, she does not know Winter has been undermining her wishes for years. With the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, will Winter be able to launch a revolution and end Levana's rule? Or will they all never receive the happy ending they deserve?

     This book, Winter, relates to the book, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins because a theme in Winter is similar to a theme in The Hunger Games. In Winter, Queen Levana and the Lunar court have too much control/power, just like the Capitol does in The Hunger Games. So the similar themes are to not have a government that has too much control over the people. Another similarity is, the character, Cinder, reminds me of the character Katniss from The Hunger Games. Cinder and Katniss are both brave for standing up for what's right. They are also both kind and considerate of the people.

   This book is a great ending to the series, The Lunar Chronicles. I love the plot and all the characters, and the way the author had lots of details. I can't believe how good this series was and how much I am obsessed with it. It got me thinking of other books I could read that were similar to this series. I suggest to those who love fantasy, science fiction, and romance, to read this series. It is an epic, intense, emotional, and satisfying story.
 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your summary is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your blog, it was very descriptive, and detailed.

    ReplyDelete