Friday, August 19, 2016

text to self - Crenshaw

     The book I am reading is called Crenshaw and it is by Katherine Applegate. In this book there is a boy named Jackson and he lives with is mom, dad, his sister named Robin and their dog Aretha. When Jackson was younger he met his imaginary friend he was a big fuzzy black and white cat, had no name though. So, the imaginary cat told Jackson to name him. He said Crenshaw, because no one he knew had a named like that. When he grew up he started to notice that he was seeing Crenshaw again but this time he was doing so thing way out of the ordinary. But he went away again. Time passed until he saw him again and again and this kept on repeating . While this was all going on his parents were having money problems and it was not good but Crenshaw said he can help.
     In this book Jackson reminds me of my brother Jackson because in the book Jackson did not ask for anything that he wanted because he knew something was wrong and his parents were having difficulty's. And my brother is like that too, he does not ask for many things when he knows we (meaning our family) does not have enough money. Jackson's sister Robin reminds me of me because she can't wait to get out of the car when they are in their car vacation. I am really bad in being in a closed space for a long period of time and I hate driving. When Jackson's dad went to go and play his guitar on the street it reminded me of when I was in Washington because people would also play their instruments on the streets or in front of shops so they can get money too.
     My favorite character is Crenshaw because he is very outgoing and happy all the time. He cares very much about Jackson and his family. I love how he surprises Jackson each time he keeps appearing. And over all he is the funniest he makes a great character in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment