Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Text to Self-Dead End In Norvelt

I'm reading Dead end in Norvelt by Jack Gantos. This book is about a boy named jack whos dad served in world war ll. He has a medical deseeze where whenever he gets excited, scared, or worried his nose starts to bleed. They live in a small town named Norvelt. It is a town set up by Elanor Roosevelt as a town where poor people could get a new start in life. He gets in trouble because he he fires his dads sniper rifle and gets grounded for the summer.He is hired by Miss Volker to write obituaries for all the original people who die.

I connect to the story in many ways. One is the main character gets very nervous easily and so do I. The dad in the story reminds me of my grandpa because they both own a plane. In the book Jacks dad lectures him on gun safety and so did my dad when I was little.
I would definitely recommend this book to everybody. I'm not a huge fan of history books but I found This book amazing and I will read more books by Jack Gantos.

1 comment:

  1. deseeze(disease) I didn't think the book was interesting enough to read, tell us what makes the book interesting and exciting.

    ReplyDelete