Friday, August 19, 2016

Text To Self : River Thunder

     I'm reading the book River Thunder by Will Hobbs.The book is continued on an adventure that a group of friends that whitewater rafted down the Grand Canyon as delinquents at Discovery Unlimited. Discovery Unlimited is a camp for specifically for delinquents. Now they're as and their better than ever. They thought they were training staff from Discovery Unlimited to ride the the Canyon, but what they didn't know is their trip was about to get complicated.
     In the book there are many characters that tend to but heads. The character Rita reminds of my brother because she is loud and witty. Now when I think of my brother I totally see the resemblance because my brother is always yelling and making up a humongous amount of puns. Now the main character Jessie reminds me of me. She is very strong and can do things for herself and doesn't need someone telling her what to do. This situation in the book reminds me of a time where someone was trying to help me with a lot of homework and I said I could do it on my own.
     As the book progressed I began to think that one of the main characters Troy was changing his attitude from the first book. In the first book his attitude was bossy, controlling, and mean. Now he is trying to be a good person and decide everything democratically. He is not so bossy and letting the other group members make their own decisions. All in all the book so far is very interesting and I can make lots of connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment