Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Guardians of Ga'hoole by Kathryn Lasky: Text to Text

Right now I'm reading Guardians of Ga'hoole  by Kathryn Lasky, when a young owl named Nyroc
 is born to fulfill his father's destiny. When his mother Nyra tries to rebuild her army of the Pure Ones Nyroc befriends a Sooty Owl named Dustytuft. Together, they find out that there are better ways to live rather than living with the Pure Ones. So it is Nyroc's choice to fulfill his father's destiny or to defy it.

The scene when Nyra tells Nyroc to not ask any more questions about the Pure Ones reminds me of a Similar Scene in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire when Voldemort tells his Death Eaters to shut up, so he could focus on killing Harry Potter. The character Nyroc, reminds me of Harry Potter because the both want to find out more and discover the truth. So these two texts can be similar in ways and different in many ways.

I can't believe that Nyra is so mean to her son but proud at the same time. It's very peculiar. I'm glad Nyroc doesn't want to join the pure ones. One of my favorite characters in the story is Dustytuft (also known as Phillip.) It most just talks about the pure ones. If you want me to spoil it you will have to go to the bottom of the page. So if you really want to read the book, you'll have to read the 1st book else everything will not make sense, sorry to tell you that. My favorite book out of all 15 books in the series is book 9 because it talks about legends a long time ago before time. Book 9 is called the First Collier, and I like it because it talks about the Ember of 'Hoole and about the old times. I find it really fascinating. To find out what it's about click here.








Image result for the first collier bookImage result

















































































































































































































































2 comments:

  1. Good Job! I think you did a great job at telling the story and how you added pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! I think you did a great job at telling the story and how you added pictures

    ReplyDelete