Thursday, August 18, 2016

Text to self: The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms

The book I am reading The Land of Stories: Beyond The Kingdoms by Chris Colfer. The book is about two siblings, Alex and Conner Bailey, who go on an adventure to stop their evil Uncle Lloyd from recruiting an army of literary villain's. He first tried to destroy the Kingdom's by having a Grand Army, and he failed, but that was only a detraction. Lloyd was trying to steal a potion from The Fairy godmother's room, and succeeded. The potion can let you go into any book you want. Now Alex and Conner have chased him through The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and made friends with the Tin Woodman, then went into Peter Pan and made friends with Peter and the Lost Boys, then went into Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Alex thought that Lloyd went into the fairy-tale world, but it was a trap! Now Alex and Mother Goose is trapped in King Arthur and Conner, the Tin Woodman and Peter Pan are trapped in Robin Hood, or are they?


Mother Goose reminds me of my best friend Emma Kump. Mother Goose and Emma are weird, funny, and a lot of fun to hang out with.  But Alex Bailey reminds me of me because she loves reading old literature books, like me, and she wished that they would come to life, and I wish that fairy-tales would come to live. But the situation in the story also reminds me of a short story in my cousin's Disney princess book, where Ursula put a spell on Ariel's dad and sister's and Ariel needed a potion.


All in all, The Land of Stories; Beyond the Kingdom's is a fantastic read I completely recommend it. I love the book because it has adventure, mystery, a little romance and comedy. I would also rate this as a five star book.



No comments:

Post a Comment