Thursday, September 1, 2016

Text to Text: P.S. I Like You

   The book I am reading now is P.S. I Like You by Kate West. After her chemistry teacher banned her notebook from class, because she was writing lyrics instead of writing notes, Lily is forced to scribble lyrics on her desk. Then, when she came to class the next day, she finds the lyrics have been finished. Suddenly, Lily finds herself swapping notes with the mysterious pen pal and telling him all about her crazy family, friends and life. It was easy sharing problems with someone you don't know. Lily soon finds herself falling deeply in love with the mystery man, while trying to figure out who it could be, the nice guy her friend is trying to get her with, the school's biggest jerk and the person Lily hates, or the cute hoodie-and-Converse guy who always has his earbuds in (and the guy Lily likes)? You need to read the book to find out.

    Lily wants to enter a singing/songwriting competition and fantasizes about her dream of becoming a singer/songwriter it reminds me of similar scene in The Ballerina Shoe's. And Lily reminds me of Mary-Ann from the Baby-Sitter's Club.

   While I was reading, I wondered why Cade, the schools's biggest jerk, is so mean to Lily and to ll the freshman. If I were Lily, I would be telling an adult right away if anything bad happened. I'm not sure that Cade likes anyone in the school except himself, his minion's and the people who worship him.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really good book I love the genre of ir. It looks really interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete