Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Grim Grotto

     The story I am reading is A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket. My book is about Three orphans named Violet, Klaus, and Sunny. The three siblings are trying to find the precious sugar bowl everybody is trying to get including their evil uncle, Olaf. The sugar bowl is supposed to have a very special object inside of it and the siblings are going into a scary cave to find it. Meanwhile Olaf is right behind them.
     Violet Baudelaire reminds me of Percy Jackson because both of them didn't think that that they could be heroes and both of them became heroes. A scene in this book where they are on the river reminds me of the book that I am reading right now called Magnus Chase, where he fights in the water trying to get his sword. Klaus reminds me of Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson because they are both wise and smart. Sunny reminds me of Nico Di Angelo from Percy Jackson because both of them have been kidnapped and both think that they can do anything.
     I love how the author decided to age Sunny up and make her more mature. I don't like how the siblings are going into a creepy cave to find a sugar bowl. I was surprised when they put Sunny inside of a helmet.
     
     

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you included different stories to relate with your book. I just think you should have related your book with different genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well written

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well written

    ReplyDelete